Wednesday, May 03, 2006

May 3, 2006

One week and a day since surgery.

Everything is going pretty good. I have been back to work since May 1, 5 days since the surgery.
Note: I did have surgery on my right knee.

The first three days after surgery do require resting, keeping the leg elevated as high as possible; let me say that again, as high as possible, this will control and reduce the amount of swelling. I was able to lay on the couch and elevate my leg with a two foot mass of pillows and blankets. I did use ice every hour or so, to also relieve the swelling. ( I did not listen as well as I should have, and did not keep my leg elevated as high as I should have - therefore my knee did swell), I'm told if I would have listened the swelling would have been minimal.

No pain was felt all thru this icing and elevating period. I was sent home with pain meciation, but still have not used any. I would say that I am able to function in daily activites, and work related areas somewhere in the 85% range. I stared driving Sunday, 4 days after surgery. I have choosen not to go out on sales call for at least three weeks and will pass the time behind my desk finishing up old projects and bidding new ones. I am scheduled to for physical therapy this Thursday for 3 weeks - 2 - 3 times per week, and have a follow up visit with my doctor for May 29. While, I am able to completely straighten my leg out, it feels very tight and restricted to bend it backwards past a 90 degree bend.

I have begun taking a supplement advertised by http://sandersclinic.net , one of the many sites I visted before having my surgery. This site offers a lot of insight into arthroscopic surgery.
You can access the supplement page here http://nutriex.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home